This page introduces the 3D production pipeline of Sirikata. The various pages below will teach you how to prepare and import your 3D assets so that they may be viewed correctly in the engine. Please note creating Sirikata content is currently challenging task that requires at least an intermediate knowledge of such programs as Photoshop and 3D Studio Max 9. You should feel comfortable using the interfaces within these programs, including such activities as installing plugins, importing/exporting files, etc. In time we plan Sirikata to have a selection of content creation tools for casual users but for now this is how it works.
Here are the steps you should be familiar with:
- Basic Requirements lists the programs and plugins to produce content for Sirikata
- Installing the NVidia, COLLADA, and Ogre Plugins allows us for now to ensure that there is a standard way of creating content for Sirikata
- Texture Creation Using Photoshop
- Material Preparation in 3ds Max 9
- Installing and Running Sirikata on Windows
Questions for any of the above? Try asking on the art list