From Sirikata Wiki
The evolving content production pipeline currently uses these programs and plugins to produce content for Sirikata:
- Adobe Photoshop CS or later
- 3D Studio Max 9 32-bit
- Latest version of Sirikata
- NVIDIA dds plug-in for Photoshop to convert all texture maps into the .dds format.
- OpenCOLLADA exporters for Max and Maya.
- 1.4.1 plug-ins/ColladaMaya_FREE_3.05B.exe/download COLLADA for Maya - Currently most of our art team works in Maya for modeling and UV mapping, using COLLADA to export the mesh for 3ds Max.
- 1.4.1 plug-ins/ColladaMax_FREE_3.05C.exe/download COLLADA for 3ds Max 9 is used to import COLLADA files into 3ds Max.
- Crazybump, a texture generator that uses a diffuse texture to create normal and specular maps.
- NVidia Texture Tools 2, a standalone version of the NVidia plugin for Photoshop that is GPU-accelerated.
- MysticThumbs allows you to see .DDS files as thumbnails in Windows Explorer. It has both 32 bit and 64 bit versions, unlike NVidia’s own thumbnail extension.