Welcome to the Sirikata Wiki
What is Sirikata?
- Sirikata is an BSD licensed open source platform for games and virtual worlds. We aim to provide a set of libraries and protocols which can be used to deploy a virtual world, as well as fully featured sample implementations of services for hosting and deploying these worlds.
- We are aiming for an alpha release in Q3 2009 and this video teaser should give you some sense of what to expect.
- Check out our Vimeo Channel for videos of and about Sirikata. We'll post demos and presentations about the system and applications there.
Sirikata is a platform for building virtual world applications such as games, meeting spaces, and social worlds. Platform developers work on Sirikata itself, creating the infrastructure and plugins used by applications to run the world. Applications developers then glue the necessary components together and can focus on any additional policies and scripting needed to run their world.
- Platform Developers starting page is how you learn about Sirikata's architecture and getting involved in it's development. To jump in at the deep end: Check out and build the code.
- Developer Communication is the place to find the conversations
- Coding Projects gives you ideas for something to sink your teeth into
- Documentation is very much a work in progress but this is an overview what we currently have
- Roadmap is what we are planning in the near and far term
- Our artists community communicate on our art list. Check out the open archives.
- Content Creation explains how to import and handle content in Sirikata
- The video Sirikata from a content creator's point of view is a great to place to get a sense of visions for the space
Upcoming meetings in meat space will be announced on the events page and past meetings will be documented there.
To get directly in touch about anything Sirikata hit up Henrik Bennetsen - bennetsen AT gmail DOT com