Getting Started for Platform Developers
Platform developers work on the code which runs the core of Sirikata worlds. Both the core system and plugins implementing. Examples of code developed by platform developers are the core message forwarding code, physics simulation plugins, the renderer for clients, and scripting plugins.
Getting into the Code
- You'll need to Check out and build the code before you can contribute any changes.
- The Platform Developer's Guide is the best reference for platform development. It provides:
- A high-level breakdown of the components of Sirikata's architecture, followed by more detail on each component.
- A tour of the source code should help you get into the code and figure out where you want to start working.
- Tutorials covering a few common tasks in the Sirikata code and describing how to use some utilities already available within the code base.
- Documentation is very much a work in progress but this is an overview what we currently have
Getting in Touch with Other Developers
- Need to talk to other platform developers to bounce implementation ideas off them or ask questions about the code? Platform Developer Communication describes how to get in touch with other platform developers, both synchronously and asynchronously.