Revision as of 05:27, 23 November 2009 by Ewencp (Reorganize, give more thorough, informative descriptions.)
Please consider this page an early work in progress and feel free to contribute or make suggestion on the developer list.
Learning the System
- Architecture gives a high level overview of Sirikata's architecture. Only the highest level components are described, making this the best place to start.
- Protocol describes our current wire protocol. This is subject to change.
- Type Systems describes the types we want our serialization format to natively support to minimize the amount of tedious work platform developers and end-user scripters need to do to exchange data.
- Source Code describes the infrastructure related to our source code. This describes both how to get and build the code, as well as how developers can work with our infrastructure to add new source code.
- Subsystems describes how the Architecture is broken down to smaller components and how they map to our source code repository.
- Coding Standards is a description of how to keep our source code consistent and readable.
- Doxygen Documentation generated nightly from the Git repository gives low level documentation about the components that make up Sirikata.
- Dependencies are libraries Sirikata builds on. The libraries and their uses are described, followed by suggestions on how to get the necessary dependencies running on a new platform when porting Sirikata.
Working with Sirikata
- Video Capture describes current best practices for collecting video captures from Sirikata.
- Developer Preview is our system prototype from December 2008. This system is now completely out of date and likely only useful for reference and historical purposes.